Lista non ufficiale delle “profilazioni” dei loro plug in
Ciao e bentornato sul mio sito. Come sai io sono un grande estimatore dei plug in della casa italiana Acustica Audio e girovagando sul web ho trovato un interessante elenco sui loro prodotti.
In questo elenco potrai vedere quali macchine sono state profilate :
Amber (13) – Avalon AD2055 equalizer and Avalon AD2044 optical compressor.
Amethyst (10) – EQ A: Amek clone EQ, EQ B: Amek 9098r + Amek 9098 compressor + Amek 2500 & 9098 preamp options. Rupert Neve designed gear. 9098 has a smooth RND – 33609’ish flavor.
Aquamarine (13) – Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (formerly the Murano) and Langevin 258-A program EQ.
Azure (13) – Knif Soma Mastering EQ. Preamp is mastering engineer Zino Mikorey’s signal path with the Soma hardware.
Blue – Chandler Germanium Tone Control
Camel (16) – Calrec PQ1785 (EQ A), Calrec DL1656 (Comp1 and Lim), Trident B Range (EQ B) and ADR Compex F760X-RS (Comp2).
Preamps: 16 Trident B Range console line inputs, 16 Trident B Range microphone preamps plus :
Custom Preamps Trident B Range EQ (Custom 1), Stereo Preamp Mic 1 & 2 to Stereo Outputs L and R (Custom 2), ADR Compex F760X-RS stereo (Custom 3) and Calrec DL1756 stereo (Custom 4). Ceil/Big Ceil (13) – Heavily modified Focusrite ISA 430 channel strip. Celestial (14) – Solid State Logic Fusion. The Mix Processor (intended for tracks and group busses) plugin has a sidechain filter on the dynamics section. The Bus Processor (intended for the mix buss and mastering duties) replaces the dynamics sidechain with a crossover and adds a Dimension control (fixed frequency low shelf filter inside of the mid/side matrix) to replace the pan knob.
Cobalt (10) -Acustica’s first dynamic equalizer. Dynamic function is switchable. Officially endorsed by the hardware maker, Luca Martegani. LM 9736 equalizer (improvement upon the Pultec EQP-1a) and the LM 9804 Compressor (Altec Lansing Feedback Compressor improvement).
Coffee (15) – The Chandler Collection
• EQs: (A) Chandler Limited TG12345 Curve Bender and (B) Chandler Limited Germanium Tone Control.
• Compressors: (1) , (2) and (ULTRA) are a Chandler Limited RS124. (MODE 3/LIM) is a Chandler Limited TG12413 Zener Limiter
• Preamps: 31 in total.
1-24: 24 channel paths (line input to output). The frequency response (of each preamp) is derived from 24 different channels of a transistor-based solid-state console. The harmonic content (of each preamp) is derived from a recreation of a celebrated vintage Mic Amplifier (valve line amplifier) used in one of the most famous recording Studios in UK in the ‘60s.
A: EQ Model A’s line preamp.
C25: REDD.47? “a tube microphone pre-amplifier emulation, the recreation of the original valve line amplifiers used in one of the best Britishrecording studios in the ‘60s.”
E: line preamp of the TG12413.
F: line preamp of the RS124.
G: Little Devil Pre Amp (doesn’t include the Feedback control).
B: EQ – Model B’s line preamp emulation of
D: a preamp emulation of a Germanium based Mono Microphone Preamp/ DI 500 series unit.
(The B and D emulations that are part of the FEED bank give the user the possibility to use the FEEDBACK control/knob.)
Coffee The PUn (15) – A portion of the Chandler Limited Germanium Tone Control. Freebie.
Cola (15) – (C-228) Cadac G228 EQ, (C-1671) Astronic 1671 9 band graphic EQ, (C-415) Vortexion Mixer and (C-505) Cadac A505 VCA (an ultra rare limiter/compressor, thanks AA Facebook Group).
Coral (13.5) – A hybrid mastering strip featuring an elliptical filter, transparent equalizer and a soft clipping compressor. SPL Iron mastering compressor and SPL PQ mastering equalizer inspired. Baxter is the freebie and is sampled from a Dangerous Music BAX EQ (thanks Andy McGroarty).
Cream (13) – EMI TG12345 solid state EQ (gray plate), “homebrew” tube EQ (green plate), EMI RS124 (tube), EMI TG12345 MKIV Compressor (solid state), EMI TG12345 MKII and MKIV consoles, EMI TR-50 and EMI TR-90. First acqua to feature a large assortment of line input and microphone preamp choices.
Crimson (11) – Vertigo Sound VSM-2 harmonics generator. Also Vertigo Sound VSC-2 compressor with added Asym (even harmonics) feature. This is Acustica’s first featured dynamic saturation/distortion plugin.
D361A – Dolby D361A, AlexB sampling. (discontinued)
Diamond Color EQ (14) – Endorsed by Luca Pretolesi. Based on a CharterOak PEQ-1 and some other hardware.
Diamond Lift (13) – Endorsed by Luca Pretolesi. Saturation, EQ, compression and clipper channel strip. Combines a number of rack hardware including the Bettermaker Mastering Limiter & EQ 232P Mastering EQ. Maybe the Pendulum PL-2. Saturation is a combination of two preamps.
Diamond Transient (16) – Endorsed Luca Pretolesi, once again! It’s his dynamic enhancement/transient designer chain. If you want loudness that still sounds punchy/dynamic, this is the one to get. Part of the chain is a dbx 3BX III.
Compressor Modes 1 Thick vaccuum tube, 2 Glue-like, 3. Snappy/aggressive
Clipper Modes 1, Mix of soft/hard clipping. 2, Softer knee than Mode 1. 3, Unfolding, hardware-like hard clipping.
Ebony (10) – Elektromesstecknik (EMT) 140 Plate Reverb.
• E111 equalizer: EMT 111 console EQ
• E411 equalizer: EMT 411 console EQ
• E82 equalizer: Eela broadcast 82 console EQ
• D112: EMT 111 console compressor (emulation of the compressor module included in a rare mixing console built in ‘70 by German company. The original design of the desk was simple (in a good way), making it easier to maintain / modify.)
• D277: EMT compressor/limiter 277 (a rare compressor, fairly transparent sound of many ‘70s and early ‘80s records.It’s characterized by a good line preamp inside.)
• D473: Neumann U473 or U473a compressor.
• D82: Eela broadcast 82 console EQ (Compressor module emulation of a rare/vintage Dutch “heavy duty” mixing desk.The company founded in 1975 is recognized as one of the companies who has been dedicated to developing, manufacturing and supplying professional audio products to the Radio Broadcast Industry.)
• Filters E118 are recreated and modeled after EMT filters 118
• Preamps: E111, E411, D112, D277, D82/S (stereo), D473/S Thank you Will the Weirdo for filling in the Ebony gaps…this one was tough! El Rey (13) – Producer Greg Wells’ RCA BA-6A limiting amplifier (compressor).
Emerald (14) – Custom built hardware, loosely inspired by the Klein & Hummel UE 1000 equalizer. The curves practically have the same unique slope as the UE-1000, but the center frequencies are different and the active part of the circuit is more modern/cleaner.
The new (for version 2) E200 is a homebrew clone sampling of the Klein & Hummel UE-200. (thanks swartzfeger) Erin (15) – The EAR collection (thanks denork for the details)
• ERIN EQ ST – EAR 825Q• ERIN EQ MID – EAR 823• ERIN COMP ST – EAR 660
Gold (16) – The Neve collection
• 8066 EQ: Neve 1066
• 8112 EQ: Neve 33122• 3081 EQ: Neve 1081• 8093 EQ: EMI-Neve 1093 (shelf filters only, Neve 1081 with Marinair transformers)
• 8193 EQ: EMI-Neve 1093 (Bell/peak mode, Neve 1081 with Marinair transformers)
• 8077 EQ: Rare Neve 1077. Mid frequency bands are duplicated.• 3102 EQ: Neve 31102 (from a 8068 console equalizer module. Characteristics: a 1073 with added frequencies in the high band and an added mid range high Q .)• H073 EQ: Homebrew 1073 clone• 8115 EQ: Ultra rare Neve 3115.
• 8252 Compressor: Neve 2252
• 8254 Compressor: Neve 2254
• A variety of tube preamps, including a Neve 9001 (thanks Asher Bay)• A variety of Neve EQ/console/microphone preamps. (Thanks AiD for the info)
8071 – 1271 line amp module modded to work as a mic preamp (Thick but not muddy)
8072 – Brent Averill 1272 preamp, based on the 1272 line amp module. (aggressive, try on drums)
24 line inputs and 12 mic inputs from an 8068 console. 10 bus channel paths of a random Neve gear (channel insert to bus output) A full list is available on GOLD3 user manual, page 66. Green (16)- The George Massenburg Labs (GML) Collection. First Core 16 acqua plugin.
Green4EQMX: Mono Model 8200 equalizer aka GML 8200
Green4EQST: True Stereo GML 8200Green4ZenEQ: GML 9500Green4ZenCMP: GML 2030 Mastering Dynamic Gain Control (compressor/limiter)
Honey (13) – 1970s era Harrison 32C equalizer (homebrew and vintage sampling) and a feedforward VCA compressor.
Ivory (13) – Maselec MEA-2 equalizer (IAE2, year 2017 model), Maselec MLA-4 (Mac-3, multiband compressor/limiter), COMP 1B is a single band derivative of the MLA-4, DynEQ is a dynamic eq derived from MEA-2 & Comp 1B and DynEQ Stereo is a dynamic eq derived from IVORY3 STEREO and
Jade (15) – A versatile collection of hardware samplings. First plugin to introduce an Adaptive Latency channel strip.
• EQs: (A) Maag Audio EQ4, (B) Focusrite Red 2 and a hybrid of a (C1) Kush Audio Clariphonic MKII (note the 34k shelf setting) and a (C2) Lindell 6×500.
• Compressor: (D) compressor and (E) limiter are rumored to be a Crane Song STC-8.
Lemon (11) – The first Acqua delay. Features a huge collection of saturation flavors. It is the first Acqua to use Core 11 technology.Saturation (thanks Andy McGroarty): A0 – Crystal Acustica – Acustica Delay
A1 – Amityville = Eventide Orville
A2 – Belt of Venus = Lexicon PCM 70
A3 – Your Love = Teac Cassete tape
A4 – Memories of tomorrow = EH Memory Man
A5 – Too Cool = TC 2290
A6 – 89 Degrees = Klark-Teknik DN780
A7 – Galatic Quadrant = Alesis Quadraverb
A8 – Answer 42 = Lexicon PSP 42
A9 – Enchanted Princess = AMS-Neve RMX 16
B0 – Cala Nova Sunrise = TC Nova Delay
B1 – Broken Tears = Roland Space Echo 150
B2 – Autumn in my heart = Echoplex (1st solid state from the 70s)
B3 – In the fire of spring = TC Electronic FireworX
B4 – Digital Dream – DIGITECH Studio Quad
B5 – Aiguille Du Midi = Alesis Midi Verb
B6 – Blue Marine Summer = Korg A3
B7 – NGC 480 = Lexicon 480l
B8 – Winter Magic = Nagra 4.2
B9 – Deep Ocean = Roland Dep 5
C0 – Back to the future = Echoplex (2nd solid state from the 70s)
C1 – Space Loneliness = Roland Space Echo 201
C2 – Infrared emotions = REVOX B77
C3 – Yellow Stones = MXR Digital Delay (or Flanger/Doubler)
C4 – Green Rain = REVOX A77
C5 – Orange Daylily = REVOX A700
C6 – Alone in the mist = Korg SDD-3000
C7 – Fairy Tale Princess = AMS DMX 15-80
C8 – Cristo Velato = Montarbo
C9 – Tokyo = Yamaha E1010
D0 – Pearl Echo = Pak 402
D1 – Lisbon = Cult of the knobs Voltage Controlled Analog Delay
D2 – Pink Kiss = Binson Echorec
D3 – 1 second before I die = Montarbo 453
D4 – Visions of September = Lombardi Mixer
D5 – Arizona = Fender Echo Reverb
D6 – Tallin = Krundaal Davoli Echo 2390
D7 – Creation of Adam = Krundaal Davoli
D8 – Milano = Semprini Echo-Mixer 707
D9 – She wants it = KURZWEIL ManglerLime (15) – A combination of modern AMS Neve gear. A = VR B = 88RS. C/D = 8051 5.1 Surround Compressor/Limiter E = FJ V Series Channel Strip Preamp F is a Neve 1073. Version 2 brought the C desk (Neve V console?) and a large variety of microphone, line input and other console preamps.
Magenta (13) – A suite of Manley Labs hardware samplings.
• EQs: (A) MASSIVE PASSIVE with extra mastering version filters (A) and (B) VOXBOX with extra mids band.
• Compressors: VOXBOX compressor section (B), (C1) STEREO VARIABLE MU Compressor Mode, (C2) STEREO VARIABLE MU Limit Mode, (D1) SLAM! optical a.k.a. ELOP and (D2) SLAM! FET
• Preamps: (A1) Massive Passive XLR in/out, (A2) Massive Passive Mastering Version XLR in/out, (B) VOXBOX Microphone in/Preamp Out, (C) Variable Mu Line in/out, (D) SLAM! Mono Mic input, (D MIC) SLAM! Stereo Microphone in and (D FLT) SLAM! Stereo Mic, 100 Hz high pass filter ON.
Murano – Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (now called Aquamarine)
Navy (14) – NAVY2 features a modern Neve 2081 equalizer sampling (A) from a Custom 75 Series console, vintage Neve 1081 (B) equalizer, a large selection of line inputs/microphone preamps/console busses, 2254 reissue compressor (COMP1) and 33609/JD (COMP2). The original NAVY featured a 2000s era Neve 1073 reissue preamp. Neve 1081 EQ reissue circuit. Unknown Neve console line outputs.
Ochre – Free Acustica Audio homebrew equalizer, inspired by the Scientific Audio Electronics (SAE) 2800 equalizer. Features a bridged-T topology (like a Sontec 432), modern opamps and a Sowter output transformer.
Orange – Orban 672APensado EQ (14) – A variety of equalizers and saturation devices that Dave Pensado uses combined into one.
Pearl (9 with Ultramatch/sync)- Siemens ELA 75-15 Universal Equalizer and Auso-Siemens ELA 75-16 Compressor/Limiter. Just like the hardware, sales for this plugin are limited. The closest plugin to this that is for sale without limitation is the Emerald, as this was Siemens’ response to the UE100/UE1000 mastering equalizers.
Pink (15) – Mostly Automated Processes, Inc. hardware.
• EQs: (A) API 550a, (B) 550b, (C) 5500, (780/PEQ) 560, (D) CAPI LC53A and (E) Sound Workshop Series 30 (made by former API engineers in the late 1970s). Unlike the hardware the equalizers have continuous gain and constant Q (bandwidth) options. Sum and difference (mid-side) matrix now available (PINK 4).
• Compressors: API 2500 (strip) and modified 2500 with crossover filters from TubeTech SMC 2B, Masalec MLA-3/4 and a custom filter by Acustica (2412/7236).
• Preamps: 16 console line inputs (new for PINK4) plus custom (CUST) preamps from PINK3: (1) API 512, (2) 550b EQ, (3) 2500 compressor, (4) distorted API 512c clone, (5) API 312 (maybe), (6) API 312 homebrew (maybe), (7) CAPI VP28, (8) CAPI LC53A EQ. and (9) Sound Workshop Series 30 (new for PINK4).
Purple (15) – Pultec EQP-1A (two variants, a vintage unit and a modern Warm Audio clone), Pultec EQH-2 (vintage), Pultec MEQ-5 (two variants) and Pultec HLF-3C (new for version 3).
Red – Free plugin. Joemeek VC5 Meequalizer
Ruby (13) – Officially licensed D. W. Fearn VT-4 and VT-5 equalizers.
Sand (14) – The Solid State Logic collection
• EQs: (A) 4000 G black knob, (B) 5000 brown knob, (C) 9000 J, (+E) homebrew black knob 4000 E-series and (+G) homebrew based on the SL 8000 GB (thanks gearnews.com)
• Compressors: (A) Console Quad Buss aka the glue, (B) Quad Buss comp with “modern” modifications and (C) 4000 G channel strip.
• Preamps: Microphone ins, line inputs and busses from a 4000 G console. The custom (CUST) setting (under SANDPRE) are the original Sand preamps: MIXa, MIXb, BUSa, BUSb and BUSc.
Scarlet (14) – Homebrew Sontec 432 inspired (close to the original, cleaner sounding) and an original 432C/9 sample. The main difference is the homebrew has 6 dB of range and the new 432C/9 has a +/- 9 dB range. The original may also not sound as “clean” as the vintage hardware clone. (old name was Scarlet MHE-400).
Silk EQ – Siemens W295b, Tim Petherick sampling. (discontinued)Taupe (13) – The tape collection with some EQs/compressors thrown in the mix.
EQ A – MCI JH-500
EQ B – MCI JH-600
EQ C – Studer 900Compressor/Limiter: Studer 900
The Tape Machines Group A
0 – Ampex MM1200, 15 IPS mono (great for rock and pop music)
1 – Ampex MM1200, 30 IPS mono (great for rock and pop music)
2 – Ampex 351, 15 IPS Stereo (tube pre, no tape)
3 – Ampex 351, 30 IPS Stereo (tube pre, no tape)
4 – EMI TR-50, Stereo 15 IPS
5 – EMI TR-50, Dual Mono 15 IPS
6 – EMI TR-50, Stereo 30 IPS
7 – EMI TR-50, dual mono 30 IPS
8 – MCI JH-110, Stereo 15 IPS
9 – MCI JH-110, Stereo 30 IPS
0 – MCI JH-110, Dual Mono at 15 IPS
1 – MCI JH-110, Dual Mono at 30 IPS
2 – MCI JH-24, mono at 15 IPS (useful on rap, dance and club music)
3 – MCI JH-24, mono at 30 IPS (useful on rap, dance and club music)
4 – MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 15 IPS (NAB)
5 – MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 15 IPS (IEC)
6 – MCI JH-110 (8 track), mono at 30 IPS (IEC)
7 – Otari MTR-90, mono at 15 IPS (go to for pop and R&B genres)
8 – Otari MTR-90, mono at 30 IPS (go to for pop and R&B genres)
9 – Otari MTR-100, mono at 15 IPS
0 – Otari MTR-100, mono at 30 IPS
1 – Studer A820, stereo at 15 IPS (C1 to C4 are great all around mix down choices)
2 – Studer A820, stereo at 30 IPS
3 – Studer A820, dual mono at 15 IPS
4 – Studer A820, dual mono at 30 IPS
5 – Soundcraft Saturn 824, mono at 15 IPS
6 – Soundcraft Saturn 824, mono at 30 IPS
7 – ReVox A77, stereo at 7.5 IPS (IEC)
8 – ReVox A77, dual mono at 7.5 IPS (IEC)
9 – ReVox A77, dual mono at 7.5 IPS (NAB) (lots of home studio musicians used A77 machines over the years)
Titanium (13) – Tube-Tech SMC 2B Multiband Compressor and Tube Tech PE 1C. BASStard is a freebie plugin that contains the low frequency section of Titanium3 EQ but without an input trim.
Trinity EQ – Altec Interface Console EQ, AlexB sampling. (discontinued)
Ultramarine (13) – (A-70) vintage Fairchild 670, (A-27) homebrew Fairchild 627 equalizer, (A-64) vintage Fairchild 664 equalizer and (A-58) Fairchild model 658 Reverbertron Spring Reverb Violet CM (12) – Thermionic Culture “The Phoenix” valve compressor paired with a three-way crossover inspired by the Tube-Tech SMC 2B multi-band compressor.
Versatile – A hybrid between Amber and Green Viridian (13) – Vintage (late 60s/early 70s) British and German hardware samples (thanks, Andy McGroarty)
• EQs: (1) Helios Type 69 console (solid state) peak/boost mode, (2) Helios 69 trough/cut mode and (3) Siemens console (tube)• Compressors: (1) vintage PYE 4060, (2) modern reissue HELIOS F760 and.(3) vintage Helios F700 FET• Preamps: (1) Siemens V72 microphone preamp, (2) Siemens V72 but with more harmonics/”color”, (3) mono Helios 69 console microphone input preamp, (4) mono Helios F700 FET compressor, (5) mono Helios F760 compressor reissue and (6) PYE Compressor input
Water (13) – WSW (division of Siemens) Compressor/Limiter model 601430S with mods (use PRE3). 1968 vintage. WSW 436511 solid state passive equalizer, also with modifications (use PRE1 for mono or PRE2 for stereo emulation). 1961 vintage. Non-specified hardware modeled clipper.
White (8) – White Sound Mastering WSM PEQ-2.0 (solid state equalizer inspired by the Pultec EQP-1A)
Prime Studio Plugins (powered by Acustica Audio acqua)
Black EQ – Apparently a mixture of several devices (guesses : Neve 2068 and/or Neve 1077)
Black Comp – Again, could be a mixture, but smells a lot like a Neve 32264a or Neve 83065, with the addon of different attack times if it is the 32264a, and the lack of 3 release times (100ms and Auto 1&2)
– Black limiter : The limiter section of the 32264a or 83065, or a mixture of both.
Caribou Series – Elements from the Neve 8016 console (previously owned by Caribou ranch):
– Caribou Mix : Neve 1064 input + output stage + Eq
– Caribou Filter : Hi pass + Low pass filters + Input stage (preamp) of the Caribou Mix
– Caribou comp : Neve 2254/A pair of compressors from the same console.
Charly – Tube-Tech SSA 2B Stereo summing amplifier
Hubbard Squash – Possibly a GML Nova Research Series 7000 Preamp / EQ Module. Very hard to figure out.
Sparkle Series – All elements from an EMI TG 12345 Mark IV/Q console :
– Prime Curve : Eq
– Prime Comp : Compressor
– Prime Mix : input + output stage of 6 different channels (includes Hipass filter and bass Eq)